Monday, March 15, 2010

Newton's Apple caused Wars!!!

Isaac Newton must have been jobless. I cannot imagine how or why a man who got hit on the head by an apple would respond by wondering why the apple fell in the first place. I bet he was sitting there day dreaming...I bet he had nothing to do but eat, sleep and attend to nature calls.

Why couldn't he just rub his head and go "OWW", blurt a few curses and leave. Or kick the tree and hurt his leg. No. He said "I wonder why this apple fell down on me and not up...but it hurts a bloody bit!"

If Isaac Newton had become a farmer like his mother had wanted him to, then we would have all been backward people, but at least we'd have reduced the number of deaths by 'gravity'.  (Apart from the occasional fall).

It is because Newton found gravity, that the Wright brothers found a way to defeat it. It is because the Wright brothers defeated it, that we all learnt to fly....It is because we learnt to fly, that we learnt to make use of gravity and drop bombs.

Maybe if Isaac had met Nostradamus, then they'd have had a little chat over apple pie and Newton would have realized that it was better to be ignorant.

Oh well, I'm just grateful to him for finding gravity so that we can enjoy those zero-gravity rides at the amusement parks.

For now this rant has ended...but still....I mean, didn't he have anything else to do? Scientists...sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to post this again. It's basically along the lines of if you hadn't been so busy snoozing in science class, you'd know that Newton didn't just come up with the theory of gravity, but also the fundamental laws of physics. So he kept a bit busier than just sitting around all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHHA....Every bit H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S....every bit eccentric...and every bit YOU ! :-D

    ReplyDelete